Tuesday 20 November 2012

Picturing time part II

Moving on from that idea I tried experimenting with photography and using real clocks. I found a few of my stopwatches and started messing around with them..


I decided to typewrite the definition of horology onto some old paper which I could later photoshop into the photos. I wanted to use a typewriter because I felt it gave an old 'timey' feeling.




I also tried cutting out the numbers on the watch and having them spilll out as if time itself was spilling out because it is something you can never hold onto.





I really like this one because I thought it looked very clean and graphical. I added the words using a font rather than the typewritten words, just to try something different and I think it works very well. Even though it is a bit boring I think..

Stepping away from the photographs, I went back to drawing and drawing from them in particular.


I saw these photos of watches that I really liked because you could see the insides and how they worked, I also liked that they were photographed on top of writing which reminded me of my typewritten picture.


I traced over the photo of a stopwatch and stuck it onto of my definition of horology photo, I thought this had something interesting to it.


I also tried drawing the parts of the clock with different coloured pencils, layering them over eachother to try out different effects and to build up the clock so it looked like all the parts had come together.


No comments:

Post a Comment