Tuesday 5 June 2012

Personal Identity- Collections II

Collections II

Next I searched my room for all my different collections of things and found quite a few! Here they are..


Collection of perfume bottles. Only a small collection because perfumes expensive, but I just love the bottles, very girly!


A collection of theatre programs from all the times I have been, which is a lot!


Collection of various camera films, some old and some new. On the left is I-zone which I remember getting in the 90s sometime as part of a polaroid sticker camera. There's also some lomography film which I love to use with my diana mini camera. There is normal 35mm film you can buy from boots and two other polaroid films. Both are about £10 for 10 photos so its quite an expensive hobby. I also collect the 600 polaroid film, but I can only get it for about £30 off ebay as its so rare now and they've stopped making it, but thats all part of what I love about it.


Collection of some vintage books that date back to my great grandfather, these are in a bookcase in our house but I'm a lover of all things vintage so just had to photograph these!


I have a pretty big collections of magazines which hasn't at all been on purpose, I just love buying them and can't seem to throw them away as I also think I'll find something useful in there for a project or to draw from.


Here is my collection of cameras, they range from a £500 digital SLR with different lenses to a £5 polaroid camera. I love all of them and am ALWAYS using at least one of them. Some of the polaroid cameras have been found in charity shops for very little money. If I see one I like I'd have to buy it, the older and clunkier the better!


To add to the collection, heres a few of my Dad's cameras as he also collects them. There are some really old ones in this lot! Its a shame because most of them you can't buy the film for anymore or even if you could get hold of some, nowhere would develop it so they are forced to live in a box rather than being used.


This is the original picture of the cameras where you can see a few more. All of the pictures above I have edited on my phone using instagram to make them more aesthetically pleasing to me :p





Another collection I have our badges, badges from a variety of places and different times of my life. I didn't even know I collected them until this project when I found myself thinking, oh I actually have quite a lot of these!


I decided to experiment with the badges so I grouped them together and took photos of them individually. 



I then decided to put them together in their groups in an app called 'grid lens' on my phone. Its an app that lets you put lots of pictures together as one and I thought it would be perfect for a collections project.


Heres one of random badges..


And here they are grouped in their own collection.


I also scanned them all into the computer as one. I got inspired to do this from a book called 'Badge, button, pin' which you can see examples from below.




No comments:

Post a Comment