Tuesday 5 June 2012

Personal Identity- The Mexico toilet!

Among the photos I found the odd photos of when my Mum went to Mexico to perform on stage. Despite there being a few images on people backstage in costumes, that wasn't what interested me as I found this set of peculiar images among them. They're so grotty and unusual, they're not something you'd think people would take photos of. There's one just of a wall! I asked my Mum why she took them and she said it was because this hotel where they stayed was supposed to be a 3 or 4 star hotel and when she got there it looked like this, apparently there were beetles running around and the toilet had no lid! I found these really interesting because again the composition is so odd, but more because they are a photo where not much is happening, they are simply documenting something disgusting. They have not been thought about, but the way the sink is half out of the picture for example, gives it some interest.





No comments:

Post a Comment